Da Legal Stuff...

All commentaries published on Web Talk are the opinions of the contributor(s) only and do not necessarily represent the position of any other individuals, groups or organizations.

Now, with that out of the way...Let's Web Talk.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My Motives are Clear

Over the past weeks, since I started this site, I have had several people question me on the topics I’ve chosen to publish. Others have questioned my motives for taking a certain perspective. Still others wonder why I have published articles about the seal hunt or the fixed link. “These aren’t directly related to our place in Canada” they say. I beg to differ.

Everything that impacts Newfoundland and Labrador and has some connection to the rest of Canada, no matter how tenuous, is related to our place in Canada.

The seal hunt is connected since it is sanctioned by the Federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans and supported by the government of Canada.

The fixed link is related since the Federal Government could make moves to either help or hinder its development. My personal jury is still out on its feasibility, but never the less, the topic exists.

Other issues I have discussed may have a more direct link, items such as the Atlantic Accord or development of the Lower Churchill. Regardless of how tenuous or clear the connections are, these topics never the less are related to our place in Canada.

To those of you who call my motives into question and for the record, my politics are simple:

I love my family, Newfoundland and Labrador and then Canada. In that order.

I love puppies and kids, but I also whole heartedly support a sustainable seal hunt.

I believe in rooting for the under dog and fighting against the bully.

I believe the pen is mightier than the sword but when the ink runs out the blade should be sharp.

I AM PATRIOT and I am a Newfoundlander.

(I hope Molson’s doesn’t sue me for that one.)

Listen up folks, this site is intended to provide a place for discussion and commentary on our very existence. I appreciate your comments and welcome any articles that anyone would like published. I will listen to other’s ideas and am always open to an intelligent debate, but to those of you who think that I have ulterior motives (and you know who you are), think again.

A wise man once said “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”. I try to live this philosophy, please extend the same to me.

If you don’t agree with my perspective say so in our comments area at the bottom of each article. Better yet, why not send me your comments and I will publish them on the main page. This after all would be a much better way to further your view point than privately questioning my political motives or making personal attacks against my character in emails.

Thanks,
Patriot

No comments: